Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Meal ideas for this week's Save Mart Deals

This week I am going to take advantage of the deals on pork roast, mangos, lime, and cilantro to make this awesome pulled pork recipe from Kevin and Amanda's Recipe Blog for pulled pork sandwiches. I'm going to top the sandwiches off with a mango salsa made with mango, cilantro, onion, lime juice, jalapeno, and salt.

Since it's 103 in the valley today, I think I'll chase that sandwich down with a cold beer since the prices are great.

The Romain Hearts with Smoked Chicken and Bing Cherries recipe on page 3 of the circular looks great also, especially since my mom gave me a ton of bing cherries. I'll probably take out the smoked chicken and grill up a few chicken leg quarters to serve on the side since the price per pound is prime!

I'd love to hear your ideas for meal ideas using this week's specials!

No comments:

Post a Comment